Accounting and finance
Please login to view salary
Wisma UOA Damansara II, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
- As the Accountant at Socar, you will handle a full-suite of finance and accounting matters. It includes and does not limit to handling monthly accounts closing and management reporting.
- You are also responsible to coordinate statutory compliance, such as auditing and quarterly submission of GST and other taxes. You will liaise with external auditors, tax advisers and other service providers to manage all statutory issues.
- Through the role as the Accountant, you will gain valuable exposure to all aspects of the business, from accounting to operations. You will get the opportunity to be involved in bank reconciliation, cash flow planning, AR and AP functions, fixed asset register, procurement and contract management.
- Apart from the regular finance and accounting tasks, you will get to participate in the continuous improvement of the company’s internal controls and processes. You may also get a chance to work on special projects when the opportunity arises.
- You should be hands-on with your work and be open to share your knowledge with the team. We at Socar value collaboration, spirit of excellence and innovative thinking.
- This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to a high-growth startup and learn about every aspect of its business. You will get to work with the best and the brightest people to continually build on this exciting business. You will also get substantial mentorship from the high-caliber management team to ensure you succeed every step of the way.
- Having 3 years of experience in a full-suite of accounting responsibilities and submission of GST and income tax
- Preferably have prior experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or a high-growth startup
- Preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferably hold a CPA (or equivalent) qualification, though it is not a prerequisite
- Have advanced MS office skills, experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Can multi-task and work at a fast-pace environment
- Passionate to contribute to a high-growth startup and collaborate with the best and the brightest
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Have impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- Take advantage of every single opportunity to learn something new, whether it be work-related or not
- Embrace diversity and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
CULTURE IN SOCAR
Building trust amongst our members and delighting our customers are values that we will never compromise.
- You get the chance to personally change the way your city works and the way people drive.
- Get access to cool cars and fun events.
- Change to get first hand experience in a fast growing start-up.
SOCAR is a technology mobility company that develops mobile apps allowing users to book, unlock and drive a car of their choice at their own convenience.
By downloading this app, members can now access additional choice and flexibility by just tapping a few buttons.
Through a strategic parking zone development programme, members can now enjoy short term flexible rentals at just a short distance away.
SOCAR’s mission is to use its technology to drive the adoption of carsharing and to reduce the carbon footprint of vehicles on cities. Each shared vehicle can replace up to 13 individually-owned vehicles, and SOCAR aims to partner with the community help them reclaim their city. By reducing the need for parking and taking cars off the road, SOCAR can also work together with cities and governments to solve the problem of traffic congestion.